Search This Blog!

Tuesday, May 2, 2023

Organic Sculpture Collection

 



In my sculptures I used a variety of materials. For the top sculpture I used cardboard, tape, yarn, and ink for a bit of color. The second sculpture I used tinfoil, ink, wire and transfer paper. Lastly, my largest sculpture I used yarn, wood glue, and ink, also an unfinished plank of wood. the smallest sculpture is about 6inches long


 
Tight Cloud
(16x12)
Cardboard, Tape, Yarn, Ink

The Purple Dot
(4x8)
Wire, Ink, Gel Medium, Tracing Paper



Tangled Within
(16x16)
Wood Glue, Yarn, Balloons, Plank of Wood
My organic sculptures beginning with Tight Cloud had a primary focus on simplicity. it was inspired by originally being a hexagon but the tightness from the tape and yarn made it squash and be more representational of  a cloud. My second sculpture also shows simplicity but I think there is something calming about just one dead center focal point. It was my intent to communicate calm. Thirdly my last sculpture, Tangled Within, I am most proud of. it took many tries, effort, and balloons! With all three of my sculptures I wanted to focus on the material usage and how i could transform objects. This piece allowed me to explore different materials I have never used before.

Inspiration (One image for each sculpture) 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Lightner Visit

 Visiting the Lightner Museum!